Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas...Crunchy & Salty!

I am terrible at this whole keeping-up-a-blog thing. It's not that I haven't been cooking up a storm. I have! In fact, my husband said the other day that he "owed" me because I have been cooking such yummy dinners for him. We live in the country and have terrible internet service, so it is difficult for me to write a blog post that will actually get posted! And I would hand-write them first, if I had the patience to slow down my thought process and write them by hand. I think at the same pace as my typing. Usually.

One of my new favorite snacks is roasted chickpeas seasoned with chili powder, ground cumin, ground ginger and a little salt. I've always been addicted to crunchy, salty things. But the amount of sodium in most of those food products scares me! So I decided to make my own, with a little inspiration from Pinterest. All I did was take a can of chickpeas, drain and rinse, then pat dry on my towel. Throw those in a bowl and toss in some chili powder, ground cumin, ground ginger and just a pinch (or two!) of salt. Little drizzle of EVOO and toss to coat evenly. Once you're satisfied, spread onto a baking sheet that has been drizzled with some EVOO and bake for 30-40 minutes at 425 F, but keep an eye on them those last few minutes. I checked mine every couple minutes past the 30 minute mark. It just depends on your oven!

Roasted Chickpeas... yummy!
Today I went shopping and it was super successful! My prized purchase was the pair of pink shorts from Old Navy for $2.47! Seriously! It was awesome. There was no tag on them and they were hanging on the clearance rack. I found the nearest associate and asked her if she knew how much they were. She said she had no idea but would find out for me. After a few minutes of me wondering if she forgot what her mission was, she came back and asked if I had tried them on yet. I said yes. She said good, because they were only $2.47! Ah-mazing.
Jackpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment