Tuesday, January 01, 2013

1st Day of 2013

I've decided to get serious about my weight loss. I've been getting healthier but in order to lose weight, I need to kick it into gear. This is why I'm going to do the South Beach Diet. I've done it before, between my junior and senior year of high school, and had great success. Now that I love to cook and am not afraid of a variety of ingredients, I think I will enjoy it more. In high school, I ate the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I really didn't eat very much at all even when I did eat. That's why I lost so much within 2 weeks. So I'm being realistic, knowing it won't come off as fast this time. But I'm being hopeful, knowing that I am pairing this diet with an exercise plan. I know in order to see the fastest results, I need to exercise every single day. But that isn't realistic being a teacher, and being involved in so many committees and groups. So I've decided 4 days a week, at least. Of course I can do more! But this way, if I only work out on 2 work days, I still have Saturday and Sunday to make it up to 4. I'm going to miss my grains and fruit these next 2 weeks, but I know I'll be able to add them in when this time is up. I'm nervous for my sweet tooth! Which is why I'm researching recipe ideas on Pinterest today! Here's one I found that sounds yummy for a milkshake!

South Beach Diet Milkshake
4 -6 ice cubes
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
cocoa (optional)
cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
1. Crush ice cubes in blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Blend and enjoy! 
 
Now, I don't really want to buy sugar substitute, so I might have to start sneaking packs out from restaurants (which I frequent SO regularly...not).  Maybe I'll break down and buy some from the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment