Monday, January 09, 2012

Grab-and-Go Breakfast: Egg Muffins


Yesterday, I said I would post about my yummy Egg Muffins that I experimented with yesterday. Usually for breakfast, I have a bowl of cheerios, or an English muffin with whipped cream cheese. I like to eat other things but don’t have enough time in the morning to fix and then eat it before running off to work. I was perusing Pinterest (no way!) and came across a link to some breakfast muffins that looked super yummy! Only thing was, they had biscuits in them and I wanted something that was just eggs and toppings mixed in. Turns out it’s very easy to do!

Egg Muffins with Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomato and Pepper Jack


All you need are some eggs, veggies, meats (pre-cooked) and a few spices! I used a 12 section muffin pan and 6 eggs, so each muffin I made has about ½ an egg in it. Here’s the “recipe” I followed:

Ingredients:
6 eggs
Some diced tomatoes
Some chopped spinach
Some cooked mushrooms
Some pepperjack cheese
Salt & pepper
Garlic powder

Yeah, I didn’t measure anything. First, spray your muffin pan with cooking spray, such as PAM. Make sure you do some generous spraying or you’re going to wind up with one big mess! Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, then pour evenly into your muffin pan. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.

A couple tips I would recommend:
  1. Add a little milk or water to your egg mixture. This will make your muffins more fluffy and yummy. 
  2. Feel free to throw in any sort of toppings you typically would enjoy with eggs! Next time, I’m going to put in some hot sauce and maybe some chicken.
Hope someone out there can use this recipe! It’s SO easy and makes for a protein-filled breakfast that is grab-and-go ready!

Next cooking experiment... Silver Dollar City's Succotash!

No comments:

Post a Comment