Thursday, May 24, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

For awhile now, I've been trying to swap out my high calorie or high carb foods for better choices. One place I have refused to budge though is my salad dressing. I don't know how many times I have bought those spray salad dressings where each spray is worth 1 calorie telling myself I can get used to it. Yuck! They are so bland. I like creamy, robust, RANCH salad dressing.

So, I decided to make my own salad dressing with a little inspiration from...Pinterest! This recipe is so easy, no hassle and so much less caloric than bottled dressing!

All you need is 8 ounces of plain greek yogurt (I recommend the Dannon Oikos tub), 1/2 cup milk and 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powder (or if you buy the tubs, it's 3 Tablespoons). That's it. And a fork. And a container to keep it in. But really, that's it. And you know what? It is FABULOUS! I threw in probably a teaspoon worth of garlic powder also (because seriously...what isn't made even better by a little garlic powder?). Just mix them all together and let it chill for at least an hour before using.

Right now, I don't have a picture of it because...well, I haven't taken one. Hey, I'm suffering from really bad allergies (which is a whole new ballpark for me...never had them before) plus, what my husband and I refer to ask shark week because some certain organs in my body resemble the shape of a sharks brain. At least that's what I learned on Pinterest. As soon as I have a gorgeous picture of this dressing, I will post it.

*Picture Update*

Homemade Ranch Dressing - I need a better container...


Tonight, I am cooking Stuffed Zucchini Boats. So, look forward to that. And yes, I will take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment