Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Roasted Garlic Flatbread Pizza

Terrible...I know. It's been so long since I've posted! But that is what happens when you are a teacher during second semester. You get too busy! I hope this summer to be better about documenting my cooking adventures to share on here!

Last weekend, I decided pizza sounded good for dinner; however, we had been eating a lot of junk lately so I decided on a fresher, healthier version of pizza! I made Roasted Garlic Flatbread Pizza. It was sooo good and super easy to make. I made two separate pizzas for my hubby and myself.

Roasted Garlic Flatbread Pizza


What you need to make it is two pieces of naan or flatbread, a tomato (or a few plum tomatoes), 4 slices of provolone cheese, some basil leaves and a head of garlic.

First, take apart the entire head of garlic, removing all skin and cutting off the tough end of each garlic clove. Place all the garlic cloves in a piece of aluminum foil, sprinkle with some salt & pepper, wrap up the foil and place in a 350 degree pre-heated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes (and don't be impatient like me! Do the full 45 minutes for the best results).

After the garlic is done (be sure to leave the oven on!), spread the cloves over the naan bread. Use half on one, half on the other. Take the provolone cheese and tear apart to cover most of the surface of the naan bread. Tear your basil leaves into pieces and scatter on top of the cheese. Cut your tomato into thin slices, I repeat, thin slices. So much easier to eat that way. Then, place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese looks nicely melted. Take out and eat your little heart out!

Today I tried out making homemade ranch dressing... I will post about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment