Saturday, January 05, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

Wow, two posts in the same day? That never happens! I just really wanted to share my lunch that I made today! It really is possible to eat scrumptious meals on Phase 1 of the South Beach diet! I have my own recipe for chicken salad that has been passed on to me from my mother, but it includes sour cream, a little sugar and some spicy jelly sauce (which obviously are no acceptable on phase 1). So I decided to search online for a recipe approved for this phase and ta-da! Avocado Chicken Salad is found! There are a few tweeks I would make next time, like adding maybe a teaspoon of sugar substitute to give a little sweetness to it and using freshly cooked chicken instead of canned, but honestly, it was scrumptious! I used organic romaine lettuce pieces to eat it from...perfect! Oh, and I topped it with a few shakes of feta cheese...I love cheese!

Avocado Chicken Salad
Avocado Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded (I used 2 cans, drained)
2 medium avocados, diced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt

Mix all ingredients together. Serve in pieces of lettuce such as romaine or from a head of lettuce. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment